Tuesday 28 June 2016

My Favourite Highlighters

A good highlight is all it takes to brighten up any look be it your average day-time makeup or a fancy party look. So today I will be listing down my go to highlighters :D


MAC Soft And Gentle

This is a peach toned powder highlighter. I apply it with a fan brush on to my cheekbones. The highlight can accentuate large pores so I'd recommend priming and moisturizing properly! I love using this highlight for parties and other formal events.

ColourPop Pretty Bonnes Super Shock Cheek


I recently ordered the Jamie King x ColourPop Alchemy Collection and this highlight shade came with it. It is, by far, the best highlight for every day use. It is a small pot of ivory-gold glowy goodness. It is of a moussy consistency and the application is super simple. You just have to take a little product on your finger and swipe it over your cheekbones. I like using this under my eyebrows as well.

NYX Born To Glow Liquid Illuminator Sunbeam


This is a cool toned, pearly pink liquid illuminator. Getting it on right takes a bit of practice as the product sets really intense and really quickly. I like to apply it under my foundation on moisturized skin. I dot on the illuminator and blend it on my cheekbone using my finger. Then goes on the foundation. This helps give the famous "100 Watt Glow" look :D You can go over the foundation once more if using a very heavy one like the Kryolan TV Paint Stick. But personally I just love the glow a layer under the foundation gives.

P.S. I couldn't take a picture with the lid off as the product would start gushing out :P It is a difficult highlight to work with but a little practice can give you that touch of sparkle that you've always dreamed of ;)


What are your favourite highlighters? Let me know in the comments below!





9 comments:

  1. mary lou is a winner but colour pop looks great n im eyeing abh glow kit as well but its just too expensive sigh nyx looks good too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary loumanizer is on my wishlist! But I'll get it after a while. Can't afford to hoard on highlighters since they last so, so long! :P Nyx is really good but a little tricky to work with it

      Delete
  2. mary lou is a winner but colour pop looks great n im eyeing abh glow kit as well but its just too expensive sigh nyx looks good too

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what about revlon face illuminator ? should i go for revlon or NYX ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the revlon one! But if you're good with liquid illuminators then give NYX a try

      Delete
    2. oookay , tnx fr suggestion ☺

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...