Saturday 2 July 2016

Luscious Angel Eyes Primer Vs Essence Eye-shadow Base


Hello my fellow makeup junkies! How are you all doing? 
I've been playing around with a lot of eye-shadows and pigments recently, and in order to get the look right, you need to use a good quality eye primer that will make the colours pop and last long. So today I will be comparing eye primers from two very famous companies: Luscious and Essence. 





Packaging

Essence: Comes in a sturdy, transparent plastic bottle with a screw on lid. It looks quite chic in black and beige. It carries 4 ml of product.

Luscious: The product comes in a super cute purple and gold squeezy tube. It has a little heart on it through which you can see the colour of the primer. This, too, has a screw on lid. You get 10 ml of primer.

Applicator

Essence: Doe foot applicator which you can use directly on your eyelid. However, I feel that too much product goes on this way. If i wipe it off the sides before using then too little product comes on.

Luscious: The squeezy tube has a very small nozzle attached to it. It gives out a very tiny amount of product which is the perfect amount for your eyelids. I apply it directly with my finger. 

Shades

Both the primers come in one shade only

Essence: The shade has no name. It comes off quite orange-yellow on my skin tone which I don't particularly like. 

Luscious: This comes in the shade "Nude". It is closer to my skin tone. 

Both the primers blend easily and dry matte quickly.

Putting these to the test

My favourite eye-shade nowadays is a beautiful turquoise colour from Sweet Touch. Though it has the name "Green", it builds up to give a deep teal-turquoise colour. I used this eye-shadow to test the primers. Three swipes were used.




LtoR: No primer, Essence, Luscious
Essence: The eyeshadow showed up nice and pigmented. However, the yellow tone of the primer added a subtle gold sheen, distorting the real colour.

Luscious: This primer made the eye-shadow pop more than the Essence one. The original colour showed up beautiful and vibrant as the primer was nude coloured. 

Longevity

No Primer: The colour had completely faded within approximately 2 hours

Essence: The eye-shadow had started fading after 4-5 hours.

Luscious: The eye-shade faded soon after the Essence one. It lasted about 6 hours.

Price

Essence: Rs 450

Luscious: Rs 875

Conclusion

I'd say both the eye primers performed considerably well given the fact I tested them in extreme Lahori heat, and that I have oily eyelids. The Luscious Angel Eyes primer performed slightly better in terms of making colours pop and longevity, so I'd recommend using this for formal occasions. On the other hand, the Essence Eye-shadow Base, though being almost half the price of the Luscious one, did pretty good too. I didn't like the golden-ish sheen that it added to the colour, but other than that it was pretty neat. I'd recommend using it for more casual outings and daily makeup. 

Even though the tubes seem small, I can see these products lasting a long, long time :P. If they do happen to run out soon, will I be buying them again? The answer is YES! 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...