Sunday 12 June 2016

Makeup Revolution Mini Haul


I've been addicted to online makeup shopping nowadays and ordered these Makeup Revolution goodies from Daraz. I love shopping here because they offer Cash On Delivery and deliver high quality products well on time! So, I was super excited when my parcel arrived yesterday as I've been eager to review these products for you guys since the day I placed my order! :D

I ordered three items:

  1. Duo Face Sculpt
  2. Baked Eyeshadow Chocolate Deluxe
  3. Baked Eyeshadow Bang Bang

Duo Face Sculpt



I've been in search for a good contouring powder since forever. I have used a gazillion products but they have never been perfect. Some too orange-y, some too muddy. Some too shimmery and some hardly noticeable. However, this face sculpt powder brought a huge smile to my face. It is just PERFECT for my skin tone. I didn't think I'd be too impressed with the highlight powder, but it has exceeded my expectations too. It shows up as a nice glow on my cheek bones rather than being completely invisible. However, it is not quite visible when swatched on the wrist.

Top: Contour Shade
Bottom: Highlight Shade
I like the formula of this powder. It is not too powdery and is finely pressed. The brush picks up an adequate amount of product so you can build up to the desired consistency rather than going too dark instantly.

I kid you not when I say this product is ginormous. It is literally bigger than my palm and I have taken a picture to show you :P

I got this powder for Rs 750. I think it is a pretty good deal for this price. Two thumbs up for it!

Baked Eyeshadow Chocolate Deluxe


The other product I ordered was this baked eyeshadow palette in the shade Chocolate Deluxe. It contains five really wearable colours ranging from two highlight shades to three pinkish coppery ones.

The eyshadows come in a sturdy plastic packaging with a transparent lid. The lid closes with a click, making it travel friendly. The palette comes with a small sponge applicator which I normally wouldn't like to use. However, the sponge applicator makes on-the-go makeup easy as you don't need to carry around brushes for quick application, and it is definitely better than using your fingers!

L to R: Palette sequence
The top most colour on the left is a typical highlight shade with lilac undertones. It has very fine specks of glitter. It appears silvery on the eye.

The highlight on the right is your typical shimmery white highlight.

The pink colour is a gorgeous sunset pink with tiny golden and pink glitter particles

The copper shade next to it is a dark, purple-y copper with a golden sheen to it.

The last shade is a beautiful bronze with very finely milled gold glitter. 

All the shades are quite pigmented. While swatching on my wrist, I thought that the pink shade wasn't very intense, however, when I tested the eyeshadows on my eye using the sponge applicator, all the shades went on quite pigmented as compared to the swatches.

I love all the colours and the palette itself screams SUMMMERRR. However, I would've really liked there to a be a gold based highlight instead of two silvery ones. 

I got this palette for Rs 400 which, again, is a pretty good deal!

Baked Eyeshadow Bang Bang



I ordered this eye-shadow palette because I wanted a compact smokey eye palette that... Okay let me be honest here :P This was an impulsive buy (heck, all my buys are impulsive) that I added to my cart just because I was adding a pink toned palette from the same collection. It has perfect smokey eye shades ranging from a highlight to midnight blue to the darkest black. 

The packaging is the exact same as the Chocolate Deluxe palette.

L to R: Palette sequence
The first shade is your standard white highlight shimmer.

The second one is a blue black colour with very fine silver glitter.

Next is a black shimmery shade.

The fourth colour is a metallic silver. This looks really stunning in the inner corners of your eye.

The last shade in this palette is a gorgggeouss midnight blue with small silver specks of glitter. 

Once again, the colours come off far more pigmented with the sponge applicator. I think I'll be using these only with the applicator provided since the results are so good. 

This eyeshadow set cost Rs 400 too.


Overall

I am so, so, so happy with these buys! This mini haul has made me really happy :D I am really impressed by Makeup Revolution products and will probably be ordering more soon! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...