Tuesday 14 June 2016

Night-time Skincare Routine

 Hey there my beauties. Today I will be giving you an insight of the little things I do for my skin before I sleep.

Makeup Removal

I cannot emphasize how important this step is, especially if you have oily skin like mine. If makeup is not removed properly before you sleep, it sinks into your pores which leads to ugly breakouts and also hinders your skin's regeneration process. Use a makeup remover for this process or simply remove your makeup with coconut oil.

Cleanse

Now using warm water, wash your face with your favourite cleanser/facewash. Massage your skin for a good 40 seconds to let the cleanser do its job. Use lukewarm water to loosen the dirt from the pores. The temperature of water is important. Too hot and it can dry out your skin! 

Lip Exfoliation

I do this when I'm wearing a super matte lipstick that just won't come off. Using a very soft bristled, old toothbrush, exfoliate your lips gently to get rid of the colour and dryness that comes with matte lipsticks. However, if you want to exfoliate your lips everyday, use a lip scrub meant for this purpose!

Cold Water Splash


Splash your face with cold water after a good cleansing to give it that cherry on top. This will help diminish the appearance of large pores and get rid of any redness as well as soothe eye bags.

Dry your face

Using a soft towel, gently pat dry your face instead of rubbing it. The face is a highly delicate area and any unnecessary tugging can cause sagging. Furthermore, rubbing it can irritate your skin and cause redness and can also wipe away the goodness of the products you have used. 

Moisturize

Just like makeup removal is important, it is imperative that you moisturize after cleansing! A good moisturizer seals in moisture and prevents your skin from drying out while you get your beauty sleep. I have oily skin so I stay away from very heave moisturizers since they tend to clog up pores and make matters worse. It took me ages to find the perfect moisturizer for my skin that didn't break me out. So take your time to look around and see what works best for you!

Lip Care

My lips tend to get flaky while I sleep so I apply a thick lip balm to keep them hydrated. This step is optional and purely depends on your liking.

Products I use

Left to Right:

Clinique rinse off eye makeup solvent
Lush Honey Trap Lipbalm
Clean&Clear Fruit Essentials facial cleanser Purifying Apple
Lush Mint Julips Lip Scrub
Parachute Coconut Oil
Olay Essentials Beauty Fluid







2 comments:

  1. Loved the post! Very detailed and very informative!

    https://heybeautybae.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it! Thank you :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...