Wednesday 18 May 2016

Homemade Summer Ubtan


Hello girls! How are you all enjoying the blazing sun nowadays? It has truly become difficult to go out in the day time. It is expected to reach 47 degrees in the coming week here where I live! But the scorching sun doesn't stop a girl like me from going out. And sadly, that has made me very, very tan. Today I will share a recipe that my mother swears by. It will help in removing your tan and making your skin fresh, soft and glowing in no time!



I have already prepared the ingredients and kept them in jars and bottles to store. So every time I need to use this face mask I simply mix them up! The liquids are kept refrigerated.

For one time use:

1 tbsp Besan (gram flour)
A pinch Haldi (turmeric powder)
A pinch Almond powder (finely ground almonds)
1 tsp Rose Water + Lemon juice mixture (equal quantities)
1/2 tsp Full Fat Milk
1 tsp Malai (fresh cream)


This is an ugly picture. I know :P

You want your ubtan to have this ^ consistency. If it is too thin or too thick, balance it out by adding more besan or milk, respectively. It should be such that it doesn't drip off your face when applied. Apply this ubtan on clean, washed skin. I like keeping it on for about 15-20 minutes till it is semi dry. Then take a little water and massage your skin. Keep doing this till the Ubtan comes off.

The lemon juice helps lighten and tighten your skin. The Rose Water adds glow to your skin. These two can also be used together as a toner.

Besan is great for oily skin and also helps get rid of blemishes and pimples. It also removes dirt and toxins from the skin. 

Haldi is known to have anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It works great for acne prone skin. It also aids in diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Haldi also soothes your skin and helps get rid of any redness. 

Almond powder makes your skin radiant and soft. It also shrinks your pores and helps in combating dry skin.

Lastly, milk and cream are a great moisturizer and cleanser. You can add either milk or malai to this ubtan. I like adding both to get that extra softness and radiance!


I apply this Ubtan almost every day. It feels super refreshing and leaves my skin soft and glowing. I can feel the tan coming off just after 3-4 uses!!





P.S. You should test this ubtan on a small part of your hand before applying it to your face to see that it doesn't irritate your skin!





1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...