Friday 27 May 2016

Essence All About Roses Eyeshadow Palette - 03 Roses


Heellooo Lovelies! How are you all doing. I am back again and this time I will be reviewing this gorgeous eyeshadow palette by Essence. Essence is, hands down, my favourite company these days.


This is my first eyeshadow palette by Essence. It comes in a basic, transparent plastic packaging which allows you to see all the colours through it. I find this to be a pretty cool thing since mostly palettes are either half way covered or fully covered from the top. The plastic doesn't feel cheap or weak and is actually quite sturdy. The lid has "essence all about ROSES eyeshadow" written on it in silver and closes with a click.


I just love the way Essence has given a mini tutorial at the back. It makes eyeshadow application for beginners a breeze!


1- A white shimmer. Perfect for highlighting
2- A light, glittery purple
3- A darker, almost grey, glittery purple
4- Deep glittery purple
5- Matte White with pink undertones
6- Light rosy pink with specks of shimmer
7- Matte Mauve
8- Deep matte Taupe

The first four shades are more shimmery compared to the latter four. The top most layer appears to be super glittery, however, this goes away after a use or two to reveal a more subtle level of shimmer underneath.

L to R: 1-8
The pigmentation of all the shades is pretty awesome but I find that the darker shades come off more intense in one swipe as compared to the lighter ones. All the shades appear pretty neutral on the eye and can be used for every day makeup.

I created a quick look for your guys using this palette :D

(Ignore the shadows beside my nose, they are due to poor lighting :P)
On my Eyelid: Shade 6
Crease: Shade 8
Highlight: Shade 1
Eyeliner: Kryolan AQUA Color
Mascara: Maybelline Volum' Express The Rocket
On my Lips: Essence Liquid Lipstick in Make a Statement 06
Overall, I find this palette to be a great deal for the price of Rs 730. It can be used for daily wear as well as to create festive smoky eyes. This palette is fit for young girls and makeup pros, alike!

Xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...