Thursday 25 August 2016

Yellow Berry Handmade Soaps


Hey there! Most of you don't know I've been really obsessing over handmade beauty products these days.
So it was a treat for me to come across this page YellowBerry on facebook. I scrolled through the products, fell in love and immediately ordered two soaps. Best of all, the owner was kind enough to send me a sample sized soap as well!

Let's jump right in shall we..

Cucumber Melon Soap



The Cucumber Melon soap is a very pretty and delightfully herbal scented soap. It has a green base, a soft pink middle and an off white top. It contains olive oil which is known for it's moisturizing properties, as well as coconut oil which is a top notch cleanser. The oils have been added in a perfect balance to create a bubbly lather. What I find absolutely cute about this soap is the way it lathers to produce light green bubbles. The light herbal scent combined with the green bubbles gives a soothing effect (seriously!) This is the largest soap I got. It weighs around 130 gm and costs Rs 850. Best thing is it can be used by all skin types 


Jasmine And Sandalwood Soap


This Jasmine and Sandalwood soap is such a lovely mini sized bundle of goodness. It has an olive oil and coconut oil base like the cucumber and melon soap. Additionally, it has jasmine and sandalwood essential oils. Jasmine essential oil is commonly known to be a relief for dry skin. I find that this one is the most moisturizing out of the lot. With it's gentle formula, this soap can be used by people with sensitive skin as well! The Jasmine and Sandalwood soap comes at 60 gm and retails at Rs 350! 

Invigorating Coffee Soap


This soap was sent to me as a generous surprise sample by the owner. It is a small 60 gm soap made to suit people with acne-prone oily skin. I love this soap in particular due to its mild heavenly coffee scent. I am not a coffee person but this soap has got me addicted to the scent of it! Other than coconut oil and olive oil, it has clove, nutmeg and cinnamon essential oils which work for acne relief. There are also minute coffee and poppy seeds which, very gently, exfoliate your skin. The coffee also helps in brightening the skin. I don't have a bad case of acne nowadays, however, I do have super oily skin. I've used this particular soap on my face and find that it takes care of the oiliness without drying out the skin. The exfoliants are also super gentle on the face. So all in all, I LOVE IT! 



All three soaps are simply beautiful to look at and divine to smell. What I love about them is the way they fill my bathroom with a subtle sweet n' spicy aroma by just being kept there. Also, they are not drying like most soaps, however, they aren't the most moisturizing either. I find that I can go on without using any form of moisturizer on my hands after having used them. What I don't like about them is the way they slightly melt against any surface due to the humid and hot weather nowadays. However, that problem can easily be solved by keeping them in slightly cool room temperature. 

Overall, I've been loving these soaps to the core! They add an extra touch of spice to my bathroom decor and are also perfect to gift someone! 

Hope you guys found this review to be helpful. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment down below!

Love, M. 

2 comments:

  1. ok will gonna try sometime soon !! INSHA ALLAH nice review very honestly u talk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for informative post. I am pleased sure this post has helped me save many hours of browsing other similar posts just to find what I was looking for. Just I want to say: Thank you!
    Organic aromatherapy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...