Saturday 6 August 2016

Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencils


I have to confess; these lipsticks are not a new buy and are, in fact, quite old :P
They are jumbo, sharpenable lip liners which are meant to be used as lipsticks. I had forgotten how awesome these are till I found them lying around in my dressing table drawer when I was getting rid of old makeup. I knew, there and then, that this called for a review + swatches post for my beautiful followers!



I own 7 out of 10 shades from this collection. All of the shades are super creamy and pigmented. However, the tips are super soft and sometimes get smudged during application. This can also be a hassle while sharpening. The lipstick is shaped like a lip liner so that makes it easy to apply neatly and precisely. 

The colour lasts really long. Approximately 8 hours on average. It leaves behind a stain and wears off evenly if you eat or drink. These lipsticks stain really well and I just love it because it means you don't have to reapply your lipstick throughout the day. However, I do recommend using coconut oil to remove the lipstick completely as the stain WILL NOT go away easily. Despite being so long lasting, the formula does not dry your lips.



Light it up is a true red

Nude Perfection is a brilliant brown nude. It is not the kind of nude that would make you look pale, rather it really flatters asian skin tones

Fab Orange is a bright orange with red undertones. Perfect for summer days

Love My Pink is a bold and bright barbie pink

Minimalist is the only shade that has a touch of glitter in it. It is a pale pink

Fuschia Desire is your typical fuschia pink colour. It is not too in-your-face bright and is a perfectly wearable shade

Berry Much is a deep berry purple. I love using this as a light stain. It is a perfect winter shade

Overall

I am so happy I came across these lipsticks in my stash. Most of the shades are just perfect summer colours and I will surely be using them regularly! They cost RS 750 nowadays though I remember getting them a tad bit cheaper when I bought them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...