Friday 7 October 2016

The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask


Hello there! Face Masks from The Body Shop are all the rage for me nowadays. I've been eyeing their Superfood masks range for quite some time now, and have been anxiously waiting for it to show up in the Pakistani stores. So, you guys cannot even imagine my excitement as I finally bought this Himalayan Charcoal Mask. But was it really worth the hype? Let's find out! 



The mask comes in a cute little grey box with a blue flower kind of a thing on the top. You get 75 ml of product in the glass jar. It comes with a screw on lid and under the lid you have another cap for extra protection. The glass is thick and strong (though I wouldn't recommend you drop it on marbled floor ). The jar's compact size and the lid on it makes it travel friendly so you don't have to worry about taking this along with you on long distances!



The box comes doused with detail! Ranging from the benefits of the mask, how to use it, the ingredients.. You name it!



I simply love the fact that this mask is 100% vegan and contains no Parabens, Silicone, Mineral Oils and Paraffins. It is perfect as an all natural, all herbal treat for your skin. Its key ingredients include:


  • Bamboo Charcoal: Helps remove impurities and excess oil from skin
  • Tea Tree Oil: Helps purify skin and clear acne
  • Green Tea Leaves: Help gently exfoliate skin and provide antioxidants 



Coming to the product itself.. What can I say? I absolutely LOVE it! It isn't your average clay mask, it is much more than that. It is a complete spa day at home. A facial in a jar! I am not exaggerating! This is EXACTLY how I feel about this mask  


The mask has a gritty, mud consistency. The grittiness makes it a little difficult to apply with a mask brush, however, you can always use your fingers if that's easier. Once on your face, the herbal scent and mud texture start to tingle and excite your senses. The scent isn't overwhelming but rather very refreshing. Also, the tingle makes your skin feel very cool, though I'm not sure how sensitive skin would react to it! It only takes 10 minutes for the mask to completely dry up on your face after which you can remove it by scrubbing it off gently using damp hands.

I literally feel like I've been given new skin once the mask is off. My skin feels brighter, firmer and softer immediately after. The mask helps get rid of all the dullness caused by excess oil and dead skin (also the dry patches I have around my nose). The best part is that it doesn't even dry out my oily/combination skin.

The mask costs PKR 4200 and is available from The Body Shop outlets. It is a bit heavy on the pocket but I promise you, if you have oily/combination skin, this mask is worth every paisa! If you have the budget, do give this a try.


Till next time 



P.S.
Let me know in the comments below which masks are your favourite! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...