Tuesday 18 October 2016

Natural Moisturizer


I recently paid a visit to my grandmother's place and was delighted to see an Aloe Vera plant in her garden. I have been meaning to get one for quite some time but for some reason or the other, I haven't been able to. I brought back home some leaves to test out the wonderful things I had learnt about Aloe Vera gel and have been using it regularly ever since! 


Aloe Vera is commonly known to be beneficial when it comes to skin care. It is the gel secreted by the Aloe Vera plant that is sought after for treating a variety of skin related problems.

Extracting the gel is easy peasy:

  • Once you have your leaf ready, wash it gently with water 
  • Cut off the spikes 
  • Slice the leaf to expose the gel
  • Scoop out the gel with a spoon and store it in the fridge for a maximum of 2 days
I like to use this gel once in the morning and once at night before sleeping, after having thoroughly washed my face. I let the gel set on my face for a good half an hour before proceeding to apply any makeup or so (in the morning). The gel will make your face feel slightly stiff as it gets absorbed into the skin, however, that feeling is gone soon. 

Benefits:
  • The cooling effect of the gel helps to soothe any redness 
  • Moisturizes oily skin without making it look greasy
  • Brightens skin
  • Helps with reducing acne scars
  • Makes skin firm
I have been using this gel for more than a month now and  have noticed that my skin is looking brighter and healthier. I had an (awful) tan which is FINALLY coming off and generally my skin feels hydrated and fresh throughout the day .

Let me know if you've used this before and how effective you found it to be. If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments below!

Tata! 





3 comments:

  1. yes m a big fan of aloe vera plant it has so many benefits for ur skin as well as for ur whole body thanks for sharing this post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for writing this quality informational content. Your writing technique is impressive and enjoyable to read. If you want about web Development company services in india.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...