Tuesday 15 March 2016

Medora Lipsticks


I discovered Medora Lipsticks two years ago and have been in love with them since! They are made

in Swat, Pakistan and are available at almost all big and small stores. They cost Rs 110 only and are a great package for their price. The complete collection is usually "short" at many popular stores so I usually end up buying these medora lipsticks from Jalalsons Phase-5. Weirdly enough they have the complete colour ranges of all the formulas! 

These lipsticks are crazy pigmented, last for ages even through eating and drinking. The colour range is perfect for Asian-Indian skin tones and there are so many colours that you can never have enough :P The Lipsticks come in 4 different formulas, namely; Matte, Semi-Matte, Glossy and Glitter. However, it is likely you will find specks of glitter in some matte and semi-matte lipsticks too (and I absolutely hate it when I discover glitter halfway through a lipstick).

The Matte lipsticks come in a grey bullet with a golden ring around the middle. The Semi-Matte ones come in a deep blue bullet with a silver ring and the Glossy lipsticks come in a black bullet with a golden ring. I haven't tried the Glitter lipsticks due to my disliking of glittery lips. Grr. The packaging is plastic and isn't very sturdy, however, the lipsticks are travel friendly as the caps don't come off in a pouch.

I love, love, love the Matte formula as it doesn't budge from your lips, however, some people might find it too drying. If that is the case, then you can always use a lipbalm underneath. The semi-matte lipsticks are creamy, glide on smoothly and have a decent staying power too. The glossy formula is too slippery for my liking and hardly stays put on the lips.

I adore the fact these lipsticks are so cheap and come in such a great variety of colours. It makes it easier to experiment with different, daring and bold colours. For me, Medora lipsticks are a win win. I have 23 shades and love each and every one of them!




                              The Pinks


A soft pink shade. Has a very slight metallic touch to it.

A bright coral pink. Is brighter than it appears in the picture

A very bright pink. Doesn't really flatter my tanned skin tone.

A beautiful rosy pink with a hint of brown. A definite My Lips But Better shade.


A neutral powdery pink shade. Suitable for daily wear!

One of my favourites. A cool toned Pink. Would suit all skin tones.
                                 

A berry pink. Leans more towards the pinker side.

A dark purplish-pink 

A bright fuchsia. Perfect for when you're feeling bold and daring!

A cross between red and pink. A must have!

A pale baby pink that fades away very easily.



The Reds


The deepest red I've ever worn. Leans more towards reddish-maroon.

A daily wear bright red. 

A deep bridal kind of red.

                        The Oranges and Purples


A very bright summery orange. Dare to Wear!

A more wearable kind of an orange. Leans more towards the soft coral side. 

A soft purple shade. Goes with absolutely everything.

Deep gothic purple. Can you guess which famous Mac lipstick this is an exact dupe for?


                                  The Nudes

A pale pink based nude. Washes me out!

A muted tea pink. Love this colour for everyday wear.

A greyish-brown nude. I have never been able to pull off this shade on it's own. I use it as a buffer lipstick to soften down dark colours.

A very pale rosy pink. 



Contrary to what many people say, these lipsticks don't darken your lips. I have been using these for two years now and haven't felt any sort of discolouration or irritation on my lips. So buy away, lip junkies!





1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...